Wednesday 4 November 2009

More about my Sleep-Dream last night about Syd Barrett

I just heard my female friendly voices, early this evening, for about a minute, sort of plead with me, and ask me about Syd Barrett’s so-called madness, and the events and causes within and surrounding it, and I explained what I wanted or could tell them about it, for the time being, in about five minutes of conversation. I can’t at the moment, reveal everything about the knowledge and information from the dream, because I have other things on my mind and to prioritise and attend to, but I think it’s possibly wrong to keep other people in too much suspense about the dream, or to give the impression that I am misleading or teasing people.

I have now realised, that all the events, details, and factors in the dream, which describe everything about Syd’s life and so-called madness, are actually all enclosed in Syd’s song, The Octopus Ride, and there is no secret or mystery about this.

Some people say that music isn’t socially, and psychologically important, and whilst there is a lot of seemingly banal, or meaningless, lyrics and music about these days, a lot of music is indeed very meaningful, relevant, and important. At first, Syd’s music and lyrics, seem rambling, somewhat disconnected, and fairly non-sensical, but in fact his lyrics and music - whilst very imaginative, metaphorical, and creative - are indeed very logical, and describe both what he and others around him, were both doing and experiencing, throughout his life.

The events and causes of his life and so-called madness, are in some ways very detailed and complex, but they can also be understood fairly easily, and as I promised, I will write soon about this fully, and to everyone’s understanding and satisfaction.

Firstly, it’s important to realise about Syd, that there was a disconnection, and a conflict set-up by others, between his artistic and creative receptivity, communication, and interaction, and his and others social receptivity, communication, and interaction, but there are certain other reasons for this, which I will now explain. (This isn’t the case with myself, as with me, no disconnection or inner conflict exists, between the two things, although others have at times tried to set-up a conflict about it, but my creative and social awareness and communication, remain connected, and more or less psychologically and socially intact and integrated. This article, contrary to some misguided professional opinion, is not purely about me, and there are some very important and definitive, differences between myself and Syd Barrett, as well as some similarities).

Firstly, Syd Barrett was assumed to be insane, before he actually went insane, and he himself at some stage actually believed, or was forced to believe this. If people think a person is insane, and the person is forced in some ways to believe this, or to conform to it, then it is in some ways, very likely that the person will at some stage soon after that, actually go insane, if this control or socially dysfunctional and conflicting situation continues. This is what the Hearing Voices network and Ron Colman, call The Maintenance Model, which keeps people as mentally unwell, in order to mystify and cover-up the real social and psychological processes, influences, or causes of it. In order to recover from mental health problems, you have to in some ways believe, that it’s possible to recover, in order to in some ways achieve it.

The other related matter to this, and which slightly complicates matters, is that he never received any treatment, actual community and social care, or therapy, for his and others social and so-called mental health problems, until it was too late, and then he spent the last stages of his life in many psychiatric hospitals as a patient. This is quite common, and has actually happened to me, at some stage of my life, and so in that way, I share a similarity with Syd, although again, I am a a survivor up to a point, as I have stayed out of psychiatric hospitals for nine years, and this is again, where myself and Syd’s experiences and lives significantly differ.

This is just the very basics, of what was revealed to me in the dream, which came from the song, The Octopus Ride, but I will explain the more complex or detailed aspects of it all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment