Thursday 5 November 2009

On Hearing Voices, and Counselling

I had a conversation recently, with a care worker, about my so-called hearing voices experiences. The care worker asked me, what I thought the voices actually were, to which I replied, that the voices, are a part of my own thoughts and feelings, that they are my (and others) social experiences of other people, and that they are actually other people - both in a spiritual - and in a real material, individual, and social sense. The care worker said that he agreed with me, and that this was common sense.

What also occurred to me, after speaking to the care worker, was that people who have passed on, or deceased, have one way or another, more of an influence materially, and as reflective, or regenerative in life, and that those people who are still alive in this world, have in some very relevant and significant ways, more of an influence spiritually.

This is a spiritual, psychological, and political truth and reality, which I share in some way, as the role of a good student and teacher, is to make knowledge accessible, and understandable, to as wide a range of different types of people as possible. An aspect, of the reality of hearing voices, is that they are the spirits of people who are still alive, in this world, and not only or purely the spirits of those who have passed on.

I also told the care worker, that I have been thinking lately, that I should or could shut the voices down, and that I have learnt how to do this, using a form of focusing, distraction, and a suspension of belief that the voices are in some way real.

The care worker then asked me, why I felt I needed to do that, as I am more than likely helping the voices, as well as them helping me in some ways. I replied to the care worker, that although I often have very good discussions with the voices, that they give a form of counselling, and ask me some very good basic or practical questions, that I also occasionally felt that sometimes the voices didn’t understand me, because they occasionally say this, although on their further thought and reflection, they probably do understand what I write and communicate. I said that this could perhaps, be a reflection on the fact, that others sometimes don’t understand me socially, or that there is possibly a part of myself, that sometimes doesn’t understand myself, although the former explanation is more than likely the case, because I and most people, do overall understand what I communicate and write.

I have been trying to receive counselling for quite a while now, but have been messed around a lot with it. My voices, offer me a form of counselling, as do some care workers. I’m not denying the professionalism, or expertise, necessary with some counselling, as I am very much aware of this, but I do also think that counselling, should be a skill applied in actual sexual-love and/or love relationships, also between friends, and actually between social relations, and integrated within free association and/or society.

What occurs to me about the bereavement counsellors Cruse, who have messed me around a lot on the offer counselling, is that they are supposedly people who have experienced grief themselves, but they are sort of taught or told, that they must only help others, and so what they then do, is impose a version of bereavement counselling upon others, to try to make people accept a false idea of death or loss, and a false idea of social and political injustice. Cruse don’t apply this learnt model, or method, to themselves, and so they are authoritarian, in some ways very misled by their training, and very hypocritical or hypocritically influenced in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment