Wednesday 4 November 2009

My Dream About Syd Barrett

Last night, when I slept for a good ten hours, I had the most amazing and fantastic dream. I dreamt about the almost entire life-story and psychology, of the progressive rock band, Pink Floyd’s original singer/songwriter, Syd Barrett, which previous to this dream, I knew virtually nothing about.

This epic, detailed, and most revealing dream about Syd, may not have been a completely accurate, factual, life-story of things and events, in Syd’s life, but it was a version of that, which was fairly socially, psychologically, and factually accurate, and I learnt a tremendous amount from it. In time, I will write about all this, and other related matters, but for the time being, I need counselling, and to focus on my own well-being, which is both related to Syd’s, and completely different and separate.

I haven’t been interested in Syd Barrett, or listened to his very good solo music, for many years, and so I don’t know why I should dream about him to this significance, depth, and degree. I also don’t really know, where I am getting all this vast and precious information from, regarding things like Syd, and the influences or causes of his so-called madness.

I don’t really know whether this type of knowledge and information, comes from some spiritual/divine being or energy, or God/Goddess, because I’m not sure I really believe in those things as such (I tend to oscillate between spiritual views and humanism/atheism). Another explanation, which seems much more likely to me. Is that it all comes from a kind of sensitive receptivity, and a creative transformation/filtering, or greater understanding from society (the knowledge I uniquely experience, perceive, and/or receive socially and psychologically from other people).

I will now listen, to one of my favourite Syd Barrett songs, The Octopus Ride, from my favourite album of his, called Opel, and then forget about it all, until I have had some therapy, and dealt with the grief I have been experiencing, over the sad loss of my mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment